Thursday, May 22, 2008

Zzzzzzzzzz

I’m not sleeping so well this week. I find myself waking up at around 1:30 or 2:00am, and I remain wide awake until about 5:30am (one hour before my alarm goes off). There is no one thing that is keeping me up; it seems to be a combination of constantly having to pee, hip pain, Braxton Hicks, restlessness and just generally being uncomfortable. Don’t get me wrong – I love being pregnant and wouldn’t trade a minute of this, honestly. But it is really hard to work when I’m feeling this tired. I am really struggling to muster up any semblance of productivity. Thankfully, I only have 4 more working days left to go (after today). Just tomorrow (Friday) and then Wednesday, Thursday and Friday next week. I am so ready for maternity leave. So. Ready.

The good part about being awake in the middle of the night is that I get to witness baby girl’s nighttime baby dance parties. They are hysterical and I love them. And it’s nice to know that at least someone else is wide awake with me.

I am yawning as I type this. It’s going to be a long day.

4 comments:

Martin said...

lack of sleep? get used to it ;0)

AwkwardMoments said...

Oh i am wide awake at tos etimes also! wave hi to me

christina(apronstrings) said...

you are so close. get some sleep tonight. xoxoxo

RBandRC said...

Right there with you. I think I know now why they say you are more tired in the 3rd trimester. Here's hoping we can both catch up on our sleep soon! :)

HUGS!