Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Article

Well, the article I was interviewed for (remember this post?) came out today. I’m only semi-happy with it. While they kinda got the gist of what I was trying to say, I was totally misquoted. I don’t talk like that! Especially the last sentence where I am quoted as saying, “…and that in another few months, D and I will be a mommy and a daddy.” BARF! That sounds so cheesy and I would never say that in real life. Oh well, c’est la vie.

Here is the article if you want to check it out.

The hard copy version also features a big ol’ colour picture of me alongside the article. It’s a terrible picture; I have no neck and I am sporting a smarmy and condescending expression. Have I learned NOTHING from all my years of watching America's Next Top Model??? I know that most people are critical of the way they look in photos, but no, in this case, it really is a bad photo. This is truly not a modesty thing.

So there ya go, folks! My claim to fame and my personal contribution to Canadian National Infertility Awareness Week! Enjoy!

6 comments:

Future Mommy said...

Ugh. As a freelance writer, I can tell you that we're ALWAYS supposed to verify quotes with the person being quoted before their published - sorry that this doesn't seem to have happened with your article...but quite exciting for you to be featured!

sarah23 said...

Nice article!! I wish I could see the pic... I'm sure that it was not that bad!

Xbox4NappyRash said...

Am I wrong or did it come across as a little aggressive, but with no real target?

and, yay for Europe!

Pink-CJ said...

Great Article!!! We transferred 2 and I am still not sure until June 3rd if I have one or two babies!

Barb said...

Very cool Hilary! It annoys me that they said "implanted" a bajillion times though instead of transfer. argh.

I'm glad you did your part though. :) SOrry she misquoted you.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,