Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Friday. Chores Are Done. I'm Going Shopping.

I spent all day yesterday cleaning out the nursery and the on-suite bathroom. I am thrilled to report that it is now all empty, save for a glider with ottoman and a toy box. Now, it just needs to be painted (touch ups), thoroughly cleaned and then the furniture. What a load off!

It was really hard work, too. I swear - bending, crouching, cleaning, crawling...it gets more difficult by the day. Last night my back was killing me - a sure sign that I overdid it. Oh well, it's all done now and not a minute too soon!

Today I am going up to 4th Avenue - a street in my city that is known for having tons of maternity and baby stores. D and I are going to a wedding tomorrow and I have NOTHING to wear. I tried on some loose, flowy, stretchy non-maternity dresses earlier this week in hopes that they would make due and honestly, they looked ridiculous. This baby bump is definitely more than just a bump now! So hopefully, I'll find something nice....and maybe some new shoes to match!

What I'd love to find is something that I can use after the wedding too - something loose and lovely and comfortable that can be casual or dressy. I think I'd get a lot of use out of a dress like that. Unfortunately, so many of these dresses have spaghetti straps and if you saw the industrial bra that is holding up the girls right now, you would understand why that is just not an option. I shall report back with my findings poste haste after my shopping adventure!

There is a slim chance that my GD test results will come back today. It's still kinda early, but the lab said it wouldn't hurt to check in today. I am still worried about it and hoping so hard that I am not diabetic. But I'm trying to keep a sunny outlook and if I do indeed have gestational diabetes, well, I am confident that I can manage it. I can and would do absolutely anything for my little daughter.

Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

Martin said...

it's getting serious now!

;0)

christina(apronstrings) said...

holy cow. you're not kidding. don't overdue it!

Anonymous said...

Happy shopping Hilary.

Thanks for your comments at my place.