Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Latest

I had my monthly OB/GYN appointment yesterday and all went...OK. It went well, really, nothing terrible happened or anything - and thank G-d for that - but there were three things that kinda bothered me.

First - there was a "trace" of glucose in my urine. Both the nurse and my doctor said this could be normal...or it could be a sign of something. They said not to worry about it for now, but I should go and get my gestational diabetes blood test done asap.

Second - I have gained 11 pounds since last month's appointment. ELEVEN POUNDS. This puts me roughly at a total pregnancy weight gain of 35-40 pounds. While I don't mind packin' em on, my doctor was less than thrilled with me. I have to be really, really careful not to put on too much more weight during this pregnancy. Oh and by the way, I am starting my third trimester on Sunday. This should be interesting.

Third - my fundal height (uterus height) is measuring - get this - THREE WEEKS AHEAD. I am 26.5 weeks and my uterus clocked in at 29 cm.

Each one of these things alone wouldn't bother me much. But all three of them put together *could* point to gestational diabetes, which I really don't want thankyouverymuch. I went to the lab right after my doctor's appointment and did the GD test. (By the way, I didn't think that orange drink was so bad. It was indeed sweet, but not as horrible as I had imagined.) Results should be in within 2-7 days. If anyone can spare a good thought for my test results, I'd really appreciate it.

I honestly don't care about me in this scenario. I don't care what I have to do to keep my little girl healthy. Seriously, I would be more than happy to paint myself purple and eat nothing but broccoli if I thought it would help. I am more worried about Maya. I would hate it if my body somehow put her in harm's way - like subjecting her to birth trauma or lifetime obesity.

Oh well, I guess there's no point in worrying about GD until I find out the results of the test. I'll try to put it out of my mind for now. (Notably, I did end up dreaming about it all night last night.) And the important thing to remember is that even if I do have GD, it's not the end of the world. It's manageable and when it comes to my baby, I am as strong-willed as they come. I would do anything, absolutely anything for this kid.

Other than that, the appointment went very well and was reassuring in all other aspects. Baby girl's heartbeat was a strong 153 and everything else is going swimmingly. I am very, very happy.

8 comments:

Mel said...

Hoping the best, as always, and I am sure everything will turn out just fine.
I cannot believe how far along you are!!!

Fertilized said...

I am hoping for good results for your gtt test. Hoping y uo do not have to endure that gd adventure

Fertilized said...

Oh btw - Congrats on reaching the 3rd trimester- How awesome is that.

I didn't thnk the drink was that bad either for the 1 hour. The 3 hour test was brutal - but managable

christina(apronstrings) said...

i am sorry that some signs point to GD. : ( She is a healthy baby, and ain't no doctor gonna change that. i've heard that a lot of people actually lose weight late in the 3rd. so you might just b right on track.

Alisha said...

I'm (26+ weeks)as well and have gained 27 pounds. I honestly don't know where it's going besides my belly and boobs! Anyhow, I gained 10 pounds in 3 weeks and so doc ordered a GD test and I passed! Doc said some people put on a TON of weight right around this time but then don't gain much the last month or two. Let's just hope we are those people :) hang in there--together, let's try not to stress too much about the weight thing...the gd thing worries me, too--what if I have it now but it didn't show up on the test from 2 weeks ago! Ahh! Never ends.

Xbox4NappyRash said...

Good luck for those results, stay positive!

Kristen said...

Sending lots of good vibes for your GTT results. I hope you can avoid any GD worries.

I know many women who measured several weeks ahead by fundal height and had perfectly healthy babies. I don't believe that is an exact science - more of a guideline.

Oh, and happy 3rd trimester!!!! XOXO

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,