Friday, April 11, 2008

Happy Friday

This week has been a milestone of sorts, in that this is the first week I’ve felt baby girl move at least a little bit every day. I don’t think her movements could be considered “kicks” yet; they feel more like strong muscle spasms to me. I REALLY love feeling her move, I just can’t seem to get enough of it. And because of this increased activity, I am using the Doppler less and less, which is a good thing I think. At this point, my poor little girl has certainly been subjected to her fair share of ultrasound.

D has felt her move twice so far. This is becoming so real for both of us. We are both so excited for this kid.

I don’t think I’ve remembered to mention yet that we’ve finally resolved the dispute we were having about Maya’s middle name. We have decided to name her after our fabulous RE who got us pregnant. Our doctor’s name is Dr. Taylor (she has been referred to as Dr. T thus far in this blog). So, Maya will be “Maya Taylor”. I love this. I really wanted Maya’s middle name to have a special meaning, and to me, it doesn’t get any more special than this. This is the best way I could think of to thank and honour the person who finally got us pregnant. It feels like the least we could do. I am very happy with our decision.

Mum is coming over tomorrow with “an enormous bag of baby clothes,” as she says. I guess I’m going to have to break down and finally buy something for the nursery: Some child-sized hangers so we can put away Maya’s giant new wardrobe! Speaking of wardrobe – have you seen these? And these? Good Lord.

I’m glad it’s Friday. Another work week bites the dust. Only 7 more weeks until I go on maternity leave…FOREVER!

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

OMG only 7 more weeks until mor omre work for you .... i am utterly jealous!

Those lil shoes are stinkin adorable. WHat a great tribute! I love her name

Martin said...

7 weeks! holy whatsits...

this is REALLY happening eh?

;0)

Yetty said...

I'd love to go on maternity leave in 7 weeks and stay there for the rest of the year. :) lucky you