Sunday, April 13, 2008

22 Weeks Today

Twenty-two! Yippee!!! Only 18 or so more to go :)

This weekend has been busy, and also a little bit stressful because after Maya's busy busy week, she was almost completely not active at all over the past two days. Despite the fact that I kept telling myself that maybe she's turned inward, or that perhaps she's just chillin' out for a bit, or going through a growth spurt, I couldn't help but wonder if she was OK in there. I felt the need to use the Doppler at least a couple of times this weekend, just to check in; and thank goodness, all is just fine. And this evening, I've felt her a little bit more, but she's still not being as active as she was last week.

It's funny - my worries about when I would start feeling her movements have been replaced with worries about the consistency of her movements. I guess I just need to accept the fact that there is no rhyme or reason to when babies like to party, and I'll just keep looking forward to those times when she goes crazy. I love it when she goes crazy.

I spent all day Saturday with my mum. It was a gorgeous sunny day and we went for a long walk and ended up at Baby Gap. Do they ever have some cute stuff for girls right now. My mum couldn't resist Baby Gap's sweet allure and she ended up buying Maya a cute little outfit. My little daughter is already so spoiled.

Today I went to Babies R Us with my friend L. L wanted to buy a crib comforter set and I just went along for the ride. It was fun (and a bit overwhelming!) to look at all the stuff we'll need to be buying in the next few months. I'm glad I have L to give me the real lowdown on baby purchases. There is so much stuff out there and I am having a hard time figuring out what is really necessary and what we can probably do without. I'm definitely taking her with me when I register. I didn't buy much - just a few packs of child-sized clothes hangers...to accommodate for Maya's ever-growing wardrobe!

So now it's Sunday night and we'll be headed off to bed soon. Here's hoping Maya spoils me with some more kicks tomorrow!

6 comments:

christina(apronstrings) said...

awwww, that's so cute. lots o'movement huh? congrats. maya way to treat your mama.

Kristen said...

Our little guy has his active days and his calm days. The calm days worry me but when he is active, it's like he never stops. I figure he's got to get tired from all of his aerobics and sleep it off sometime, right?

Here's to lots 'o kicks this week! XOXO

Anonymous said...

No worries! I went throught the EXACT SAME worry (about lack of movement) these past few days. I ate so much sugar and pushed around on my stomach a lot--none of the usual tricks were working--he just wasn't moving! Well, yesterday and today baby won't stop kicking. I guess he just has his up-days and down-days! Isn't it a shame how one worry is always replaced with another?!!

Yetty said...

:) I think one of the best parts of being mommy to a baby girl is shopping for the "ever growing wardrobe". Enjoy

Mazzy said...

What a fun weekend!!
PS-love the middle name. You have beautiful taste and I love the tribute to your RE. We have had the same thought about our middle name if it's a boy. (my RE's last name is cohen)

Martin said...

wow, less time left than you've put down so far...

getting close ;0)