Saturday, October 13, 2007

Kicked My Thermometer To The Curb

I had the most vivid dreams last night. Actually, I kept waking up through the night having to pee, and each time I'd fall back asleep I'd have a different dream. I don't remember all of them, but I know I dreamed of my old dollhouse and my teeth breaking in my mouth (recurring dream). The last dream I can remember was about me, 8 months pregnant and huge, sitting on the side of a pool talking about how I was due to give birth the next month. It was a nice dream.

When I woke up, I told D about my dreams and he told me that the pregnancy dream was a good sign (of course, I dream about being pregnant practically every night). He is extremely confident in our decision to do IVF. I'm very lucky to have such a supportive husband. We sat in bed and discussed how many embryos we want to transfer back. Suprisingly, we were in total agreement: Two.

I took my temperature this morning for the last time. I figure there's no point to it anymore. I almost never ovulate on my own, and I don't see the sense of temping in the context of IVF. The whole point of temping is to confirm when you ovulated, and that's no longer a concern for me since the process is so different now.

But wow, I gotta say, I've become so used to temping every morning, it's going to be weird not to do it. I'm sure I'll feel like my baby-making responsibilities are somehow being shirked. When I made the decision to stop temping, I honestly felt a surge of panic, like "oh my god, what if I don't know what my body is doing". The silly thing is that I pretty much never know what my body is doing; the only thing for sure is that I almost never ovulate.

I've read a few very encouraging books/articles lately (me? obsessive?) that state that women with PCOS generally have an "excellent" response to COH (controlled ovarian hyperstimulation) and IVF. I guess the idea is that PCOS patients have such a large ovarian reserve, there are usually many eggs to choose from. My last ultrasound showed that I have over 40 cysts on each ovary (each cyst being an undeveloped follicle), so with that in mind, I should have a decent chance of a fruitful harvest. My only concern is egg quality...hopefully at least a few of those eggies will show some promise!

Status update: I started progesterone to induce my period a few days ago. I will take it for the next 7 days and once my period starts, I will begin the birth control for three weeks. Shortly after that, the real fun begins....

[UPDATE] Check out this study!

3 comments:

Katarina Jelly Beana said...

Interesting mix of dreams!

The day I stopped taking my temps was one of the best days of my life. It signaled the coming of the new...nice.

Kathy said...

Sounds like you are at the start of a fun(/horrible) new adventure!!! Welcome to the road. Its very exciting and the more you can focus on that, the better you will feel. Good luck and I'll be thinking of you!!!

O yeah...and my husband and I both wish we had gone straight to IVF. In retrospect we would have saved money AND probably been further along in our process by now.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,