Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pins & Needles

L mentioned to me that she came across an acupuncture clinic that specializes in fertility-related issues, specifically PCOS. I've never had acupuncture and I didn't even realize that such a thing existed. I called them and amazingly, they were able to squeeze me in for tomorrow! Usually it's a two-month wait but they had a cancelation (a sign, perhaps? not that I'm putting any faith in signs anymore). I'm so unbelievably excited. I was looking at their website and they have treated tons of women with fertility-related problems with a great deal of success. Plus (this got me really excited), when I booked my appointment and told them where I was at with my cycle, they told me it would be "perfect timing" for acupuncture treatment. Yay! Hope!

In other news, I went and had a Brazilian wax on my lunch break today. No, it wasn't pleasant, but since D and I are going to do it as much as possible between this Wednesday and next, I thought it was necessary. I must say, it's been awhile since I've been waxed down there and it is quite the odd sensation. I look pre-pubescent. Sorry, TMI.

I canceled my next therapy appointment because I didn't think I could get enough time off work to go to therapy AND the acupuncture appointment. And unfortunately, I couldn't reschedule because my therapist is going on holidays for a couple of weeks so I'll have to see her when she gets back. It's OK, actually, I'm feeling a lot better these days. I'm certainly a lot more hopeful and optimistic now that we can finally start trying again.

Also, my temp dipped down this morning (exactly like it did during the cycle I got pregnant), which makes me think that everything is moving along in the right direction. Dare I say, everything seems to be on track!

No comments: