Wednesday, August 22, 2007

OPKonfusion

I had my very first acupuncture appointment thing this morning. I met with Dr. S, who was very nice, and very handsome, if I do say so. We talked for about an hour about my history and he answered all my millions of questions. We talked about some options, IUI being one of them. I am really hoping it doesn't come to that. He also suggested that I use an OPK and said that his clinic sells them at 10 sticks for $18. I had already purchased some First Response Ovulation Predictor Tests and thought, why not, that's a great price, I'll just get some more.

The acupuncture was cool, weird and really fascinating all at once. The needles don't hurt at all going in, they seem like they're the size of a hair. However, when they are manipulated, all sorts of strange sensations happen. At one point, Dr. S put a needle on top of my big toe and I felt a jolt of electricity shoot through my entire body and out my fingertips. Really, really weird feeling. Then, I had to lie there with all those needles in me for about a half an hour, with a heat lamp over me to warm up the needles (I guess). After it was over, I didn't feel that much different, I'm not sure if I was supposed to, but throughout the rest of the day I have felt very vague sensations at the points where the needles were. I go back for the next appointment on Sunday, which will be more in-depth I'm told.

When I got home after work, I used a First Response ovulation test and it came up very definitely positive. Then, D got home, so I attacked him accordingly. Afterwards, I used one of the ovulation test strips that I got from Dr. S, and it was very definitely NEGATIVE. I am so confused right now, I don't know what to think. I even called the number on the First Response brochure and inquried as to what was going on. They only said that they can't comment on the other test, but the First Response test is accurate at a rate of 98.5%. I'm going to take her at her word and continue attacking D as if I'm going to ovulate within the next few days.

No comments: