Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Where We Be

Saw that locum again today at my doctor's appointment. After a very painful internal exam, she informed me that my cervix is still only 1cm dialated and remains posterior, but it is very soft. She also said that baby girl's head is really low, adding that "everything is exactly as it should be" for 38 weeks. She also casually mentioned that during my internal exam she "accidently stripped my membranes...a little bit". I guess it's not hard to do when one is feeling around in there. I didn't want her to do it, but maybe it will help to get things going a bit.

Maya is no longer posterior, I am happy to report. I never really agreed with the doctor's assessment last week when she said she was. I think baby girl flips back and forth and if she is ever posterior, I don't think she stays that way for very long.

The only thing that got me a bit excited during today's appointment was that the doctor doesn't think Maya will be late. I don't know why she thinks that, and I don't know how much I trust her opinion in general, but hey, I'll take it. It would be great if Maya comes on time (or even early! how about today? hehe). I am just feeling so ready.

So that's that. I would have liked to have more exciting news to report but the absence of any bad news is good enough for me right now.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That's great news that doc doesn't think she'll be late! I know you are anxious to meet little Maya :)