Sunday, August 10, 2008

39 Weeks Today

Only ONE week to go before our due date. I am so ready.

Despite my minute-to-minute anticipation and my thorough preparations, I have not felt like labour is coming soon at all. I am hoping I'll be one of those women who get taken by surprise, despite her complete and total lack of any labour signs. I have not lost any mucous plug, and really haven't had any Braxton Hicks contractions. Honestly, I feel fine, despite being pretty darn uncomfortable. Maya pushes so hard sometimes that it almost makes me lose my breath. She's just so big now! I do feel a fair amount of pelvic and rectal pressure, especially in the evenings. But other than that, I really haven't felt any different at all. I'm just really anxious.

The most frustrating part is that I know it's all out of my hands. My need to control just can't apply in this case. There is literally nothing I can do to make baby girl want to be born. No amount of acupuncture, tea, spicy food, or long walks will make any difference if my baby and my body aren't ready. Letting go of the steering wheel is so hard for me.

I'm starting to worry that I baby girl is going to be born late - like really late. I sincerely hope this is not the case. I am an impatient soul at the best of times and I think every day that we go past our due date will be nothing less than torture for me and my anxieties.

Everyone's telling me to enjoy this time - to make the most of the quiet and solitude. While I definitely understand this sentiment, I honestly feel like D and I have waited so long to be parents that we're just past all that. We're ready to meet our daughter. We're ready to be parents. We're ready for our lives to change. If Maya only knew how desperately we love her already.

D just got an email from his mum saying that she has a feeling that today is the day...From her mouth to G-d's ears!

3 comments:

Martin said...

What a journey eh?

Sitting here now, 7 days away from 40 weeks...

Hilary said...

Aw baby Maya ~ Momma wants you to come out....you will be recieveing your eviction notice soon :) Can't wait to see her face!!

RBandRC said...

Hang in there. I thought Lemy would never come out and I woke up (four days late) in labor. It will happen, likely when you least expect it...strange as that sounds try and take comfort in the fact that it will happen soon!

Thinking of you and Maya and hoping she gets out here sooner rather than later! HUGS!