Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Well, I Did It... Sort Of.

I registered. At least at one place. I wanted to register at two places - one place called Crocodile Baby - a local, very hip, very expensive, modern and organic baby store that I absolutely love. Everything there is just my style. And the other - Babies R Us (natch), simply for accessibility's sake. I am happy to report that my registry at Crocodile Baby is now pretty much complete. And today, I plan on registering at BRU.

Whoa, big step.

If someone would have told me a year ago that I would be registering for my baby's birth, I think I would have laughed in their face while simultaneously trying to pin them down for a big wet kiss (a weird mental picture).

With regard to registering, however, I really doubt I'll get much, if anything from my registries. First off, I really don't have very many friends and secondly, my mum tells me that my extended family is probably going to give us baby clothes, which is a nice gesture but honestly the last thing Maya needs right now. Her wardrobe is already bigger than mine. We'll see what happens, but I'm not expecting much from my registries.

Baby girl's movements are getting so interesting. In addition to the usual kicks and punches that I had been feeling all these weeks, she is now doing these great squirming and stretching movements, which feel amazing. It feels like sweeping elbows and knees, rather than something like an actual kick, per se. Last night at 4am, I just laid awake in awe at the amazing show she was putting on for me. Sometimes I swear I could almost grab a little foot or hand from the outside. I still do get some kicks, but it is so interesting to witness how varied her movements are getting. I feel so lucky. And it never seems to get old; every single movement is like a magical miracle, as corny as that sounds, I just love feeling them so very much.

I have been trying to ascertain Maya's position, as so many of the books and websites say that she may go head-down anytime now. I think she's still small enough to move around quite a bit so I don't know how useful it is for me to figure out her position just yet. And because I feel so many of her movements on the right and left sides of my abdomen (sometimes simultaneously!), I think if anything, she likes to hang out in the transverse position most often.

Last night, I swear I felt a little bum. The cutest little bum in the world.

2 comments:

Martin said...

Was it that guy outside McDonalds with the tin foil hat?....


...(think about it)

AwkwardMoments said...

congrats to you for registering. It is so overwhelming