Monday, June 16, 2008

Shopping!

My parents took me shopping for all kinds of baby stuff today. Thanks to their INCREDIBLE generosity, Maya's room is now outfitted with some gorgeous nursery furniture PLUS we got a fantastic new stroller. Here's what we got:

This crib and dresser/changing table (the one on the left, not the right, and without the hutch):
And PS- the crib converts into a day bed and a full-size bed for when baby girl gets older.

This crib bedding set:

This stroller (The Bugaboo Chameleon in Denim...ahhh drool):

And this diaper bag:


Unfortunately the only teeny tiny issue with the nursery furniture is that, since it is built to order, it won't be ready for 8 to 12 weeks from now. I am a little disappointed that I can't set everything up sooner, but really it's not a big deal. Maya will be in a bassinet in our room for the first few months anyway. And as far as changing her diapers go, well I can just use the changing mat that came in the diaper bag while we wait for the changing table. Plus, the store said our order might arrive earlier anyway so we'll see what happens. Either way, I am really, REALLY happy with our purchases.

My mum asked me today if all this shopping made everything feel more real. I'm not sure how to answer that. But I can say that buying everything was really exciting. I think Maya thought so too; she kicked me all day.

Today was a really fun day. THANKS AGAIN MUM AND DAD!!!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

How beautiful! Her nursery will be the envy of all the other babies you know ;)

AwkwardMoments said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous choices

christina(apronstrings) said...

ewww, very modern i love it. i got a red bugaboo and i heart it.

Jill Tice said...

Gorgeous! I wanted the green Bugaboo and was given the go ahead by hubby but could never bring myself to spend the money.

P.S. I changed my name from Baby Deux. :o)

Mazzy said...

That nursery furniture is to die for!
DROOOLLLL.....
Congrats on taking that big step forward!
*hugs*

Hilary said...

Love it!! it's so well cool for baby furniture...You look so good in the picture that your friend took!! Not too much longer little Maya will be in your arms. You are so lucky to get to spend all that time with her after she is born too..not dreading the whole I only have a week or two left before you have to go back to WORK..I had to do that with my 1st and it was a heart breaker but happily I am a SAHM now and it's so fun! Ok have a great week.. Oh yeah what is your middle name? I figure since we spell our name the right way if your middle name was Elizabeth(like mine)I could totally have one of the Anne of Green Gables moments with you the kindred spirit thing :) I am such a dork!

Barb said...

Very very cute!

sarah23 said...

Ooooh, very stylish! The room will be beautiful!! :)

Anonymous said...

Full size beds, meanwhile, are perfect for bedrooms that have wide space to accommodate said bed while not minimizing the remaining space for free movements. Full size beds are ideal or best suited for people who are sharing the same one bed since it can accommodate more than one person. It is an ideal size of bed among couples since it has an ample space to move around.