Woohoo!! The countdown of remaining weeks is now officially in single digits.
I have indeed noticed that it's true what the books and websites say; Maya's movements have become less forceful and strong lately. While I still feel her moving around often, her movements now seem to be of the squirmier variety and less kicky and punchy. And she does tend to get the hiccups quite often too (which I love).
I am still not sleeping well but I'm just getting used to it. C'est la vie and it's a small price to pay. I honestly don't mind. Other interesting developments include:
1. I can no longer bend over without considerable effort and maneuvering.
2. None - and I mean none - of my bras fit anymore, even my maternity bras.
3. I have far less patience for bullshit.
4. I am feeling unusually and noticeably mushy for my husband, bordering on needy.
5. When I sit in certain ways (i.e. slouching), I get short of breath.
6. Lastly (and this is an embarrassing admission), I am having trouble *ahem* uh, wiping after going to the loo. In other words, my tummy has grown and my ass has grown but my arms have stayed the same length. It's quite a conundrum. I can't seem to reach past my big ol' belly and I can't seem to twist around to reach past my big ol' bum. This is one of those interesting things they never tell you about being pregnant.
I am going crib and changing table shopping with my parents tomorrow. I'm quite excited! It will be great to finally have the nursery complete and ready to go. Not that I want to tempt my little girl to come early; it will just be a relief to feel more prepared.
When I was out for a walk this morning, I saw a mum changing her newborn baby girl on a blanket on the grass at the park. I thought to myself, "I am going to have one of those soon." Amazing. I am so SO excited.