Friday, June 27, 2008

I Stink. Like Really, Really Bad.

About three weeks ago, I started noticing that my deodorant just wasn't working like it should. Despite how much I washed my armpits (with antibacterial soap no less) and no matter how much deodorant I applied, I could not stave off the eventual B.O.

You know it's bad when when you can smell it on yourself.

At my last doctor's appointment, I arrived wearing a heavy long sleeve shirt. Dr. R asked if I could take it off so she could take my blood pressure on my bare upper arm. I warned her that she might regret asking me to do that and told her she better hold her breath. She laughed and said she was not surprised, adding that towards the end of pregnancy it's not uncommon for women's chemistry to change thus causing them to, well, stink. Apparently it's due to the increase in hormone levels.

And unfortunately, there's not much that can be done about this.

So here I am, sitting in my sun-toasted condo at the beginning of summer with about 7 weeks of pregnancy left to go. Sitting here sweating and stinking. Stinking and sweating.

This is just one of the many aspects of pregnancy that no one ever warns you about. I should write a book about all these bodily surprises I've come across. Pleasant it's not, but I wouldn't trade a second of this for the world.

Stank and all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there stinky!! ;)

Not long to go now.

Arian said...

I brought you a gift *hangs pine tree shaped and scented pendant around your neck*! Maybe that will help ya make it through. Only a few weeks left!

christina(apronstrings) said...

bwoahahahahahahaha. oh wait that will be me in a few weeks.

AwkwardMoments said...

yes , i cannot tell you how many different deodarants are sitting on my bathroom counter because at 28-32 weeks I went bonkers in trying to find one that worked

Martin said...

Just in time for Summer too!

Anonymous said...

The best part is when the deoderant kinda foams out the front of your armpit because you are sweating so much! Err, for me it's pretty sweet...anyway...

sarah23 said...

I had no idea! Thanks for the warning! ;)