Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Like Sleeping In A Hug

I ordered the Snoogle maternity pillow a week ago and it finally arrived yesterday. I took her for a test drive last night and WOW – what a difference. After weeks of having mediocre sleep, I finally got a good night’s rest. (Of course I did get up about 5 times to pee, but that’s not the pillow’s fault.) The Snoogle is like sleeping in a hug. If you’re having trouble getting comfortable in bed, I can’t recommend this pillow enough. And PS- it doubles as a nursing pillow!

For those of you unfamiliar, this is what I’m talking about:

Being officially over half-way through this pregnancy has certainly afforded me a new perspective. Granted, I’m still superstitious as hell and my anxiety still plagues me every day, but I’m starting to dare to envision that I just might come out of this pregnancy with a real.live.baby. A daughter. This summer.

D and I talk about baby girl and our plans for her every day. Last night we discussed how we’d tuck her in at night and what bedtime stories we would read to her. We talked about Saturday morning cartoons, raising our daughter to be confident, and Halloween costumes. Slowly but surely, everything is becoming more…real.

Every hope and dream, want and need, prayer and wish, I’ve ever had in my life comes down to this baby being born healthy, strong, perfect and full-term, this August 2008.

Viva La Maya!

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

i regret not getting one of those pillows ... our bed is a mound of pillows because i was in denial.

Plans are fun to talk about aren't they!

Martin said...

most of that post I just found weird...

The last two paragraphs make me happy & sad all at once ;0)

Mazzy said...

looks comfy.... hope you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my pg pillow as well! I wanted to avoid buying one because I thought they were just another expensive gimmick! But, they're awesome!

I'm right there with you (due Aug 18th). I'm finally starting to envision my son. I'm still scared everyday as well, but with each week that passes (and the more I see my stomach move and the more gear I buy :)), I feel like I may actually have a real. live. baby. :)

Have a good one!

Jill Tice said...

Oh how I wanted to spend the $$$ on one of these!

As for the Disney World...OMG! Hubby and I were just talking about that today! We think that she is bragging about it because she knows how much I love it there and it is the one thing she "has on me" since I am pregnant. Childish, we know!!!