Monday, March 10, 2008

Unscathed? Fiasco Update...

Well folks, I think the stars are aligned for me right now because I just may possibly have come out of Friday's "incident" unscathed. I can't believe it.

I just got a call from the nurse at Dr. R's office. The very same nurse I spoke with on Friday. She said, "I confirmed with Dr. R that indeed there is a locum coming in next week so I went ahead and moved your appointment up to [this] Wednesday [March 12th]." I thanked her and asked if Dr. R was upset with me for being such a "scheduling nazi" [insert awkward laughing ha ha] and she said no.

So no one seems to be upset with me and I got an earlier appointment WITH MY REGULAR DOCTOR to boot.

This seems all too good to be true. Is it possible I got out of this without any sh*t fallout or repercussions? In any case, I'll be making a point of profusely thanking both the nurse and Dr. R when I see them on Wednesday. I may even bring in a little gift for the office (box of chocolates?). Or perhaps that's overkill.

In other news, I haven't felt Scrappy moving that much over the last two days. I know it's still early (17w1d) and I did check the baby with the Doppler yesterday so I'm pretty sure everything is fine. But I can't help from feeling the teeny-tiniest bit concerned. Hopefully there will be more action later today.

Also, my breasts are KILLING me right now. Their mere existance equals pain. And they're even bigger than before! Last night while watching TV, I went to scratch an itch in my armpit and inadvertently squeezed my poor unsuspecting breast. I almost jumped off the couch in pain and D said I was howling as if I'd been stabbed. Ah, the surprising aches and pains in pregnancy....I'm loving ever minute of it.

6 comments:

Mazzy said...

That is great that everything worked out ok!!! :)
I am sure Scrappy is a-ok.

Martin said...

well then!, get yourself down the street and buy a lottery ticket...

I'll go halvsies...

AwkwardMoments said...

It's still early on the frequency baby movements - you are good. Don't worry about that at all - it's in the third trimester that Dr worry about movements. YAH for the dr's appointments

AwkwardMoments said...

oh any my boobs hurt in waves - it seems 10 weeks was a bear, then 16 weeks, and 22 weeks .. I dunno why they hurt more and more at different times.

RBandRC said...

Glad to hear that everything worked out! I wouldn't worry about the movement yet, as it is really early and at the beginning I would go a couple of days without really feeling much and then she would go crazy. Hang in there and good luck with you appointment! :)

Jill Tice said...

YEAH! I am glad it all worked out well. I can't lie, I cringed when I read your other post!!! :o)