Friday, February 1, 2008

A Mental Pukefest of Random Thoughts/Issues

So I told my wonderful, brilliant, glorious RE (Dr. T) that I canceled the nuchal screening that we had booked. I thought I should let her know since she was the one that suggested that we get it done. I explained to her that since the test had no preventative value, and really wasn’t truly diagnostic (only offering statistical information), D and I decided - after much deliberation - to decline.

Dr. T then kindly offered to give us a regular “quickie” ultrasound next Thursday instead. Just for fun. Now, I don’t know if this flies in the face of my newfound “trust” in my pregnancy (see last post) or not – but I am not the kind of gal to turn down a free ultrasound. I will be 12 weeks and 4 days at that time, and if all goes well (knock on wood), I think I can actually finally TRULY relax. And I must admit, I am excited to see our little Scrappy again. At 12 weeks and change, he should be looking like a real baby and not just a bowling pin!

Now I would like to address the issue of my “bump”. I am currently experiencing something that I think is really weird. For the last few days I’ve really started to notice my belly growing. I don’t know if it’s what I’ve been wearing or what – but my mum, dad and coworker also noticed. But today, it seems to be gone. Again, I don’t know if it’s what I’m wearing that makes it seem smaller, but it really seems as if it’s disappeared. Not for long I hope! I’ll keep you all posted with updates on this – I know you’re all at the edge of your seats wondering how Hilary’s bump is progressing…

Another issue to address: Heartburn. I have never, EVER experienced heartburn in my life. And now, I think I’m having it for the first time. It feels like a tightness in my throat – accompanied by a sort of “hotness” and pain. It kind of spans down to my clavicle area. It hurts to swallow. Never having experienced true heartburn before, I can’t be certain if that’s what’s going on. But I think so.

Lastly, I have one more issue to address today. At my last visit with my OB/GYN, my doctor said that she would like me to go off of my Metformin AND my low-dose Aspirin at 12 weeks. She immediately saw the panic in my face when she said it. I have been on Metformin for so long (I loves me the Met) I’m afraid my body will go into some sort of shock if I stop taking it. I asked her if I should taper down and she said no, I could just stop. I don’t think I can handle just stopping so I am going to taper down anyway. Cold turkey just freaks me out. The low-dose Aspirin, while I don’t love the idea, I can handle stopping. I must say, it will be VERY WEIRD to only take my prenatal vitamin every day. Very weird indeed.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Yes, that burning sensation is definitely heartburn. It's awful, isn't it? I have had it in the past when I was under a lot of stress and I literally had so much at one point the lining of my esophogaus felt as if it were burning out. I believe there is a pregnancy safe OTC you can use (Zantac maybe) that works well-I would get it if yours continues!
As for the metformin and aspirin coming to an end, don't sweat it-you have to put your faith in your doctor's wisdom sometimes and let go. As IMPOSSIBLE as I know that is for you, I hope you can do it. ;)
Have a stellar weekend! *hugs*

Fertilize Me said...

yes that sounds like heartburn to me - so sorry!

i PANICKED for weeks after I was told to stop my Met- I just knew that it was a bad idea and I expressed my concern to my dr several different times. We did my glucose test 3 weeks after i was off Met to assure me that things were going to be ok- i passed that test. SHe (my OB) told me that if things were not good then, she would put me back on Met. I stopped at 13 weeks also! I am sending you lots of hugs and warm thoughts

Barb said...

Hilary - my clinical endo assured me that you CAN have withdrawal symptoms from coming off Met. She didn't seem to think they were harmful, but they're certainly unpleasant. I had them for one day when I went off cold turkey (a few days after stopping), so I agree with your slow method.

GL!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,