Sunday, February 24, 2008

15 Weeks Today

Holy moly 15 weeks! For some reason, 15 weeks sounds like a lot to me. Waaay more than 14 weeks. Not sure why. But I'm so happy to be here!

I've been actively trying not to worry as much. I think my anxiety has been improving, slowly, but it's still a challenge. I still do find myself falling into the same pattern of being anxious pretty often. But when that happens, I have been just trying to focus on the positives and milestones that we've reached so far. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But it's a small improvement. I'll take it.

One thing that has definitely helped is having that Doppler around. I don't use it that often - the goal is no more than once a week - but I find just having it in the house helps immensely. Just knowing that I can hear that gorgeous heartbeat anytime I want is a fabulous luxury. If I'm having a worry-filled moment, a quick session with the Doppler usually puts my fears at ease. I'm a big fan. Money well spent for sure.

The baby's movement will also be a nice source of reassurance, and that should be starting any day now. I think I've felt something a few times already but it's so hard to tell because I don't know what I'm feeling for. I'm definitely looking forward to feeling those obvious baby kicks. I can't wait!

Everyone seems to think that Scrappy is a girl, except for my husband. I personally have no idea and don't have a preference either way, as long as s/he is healthy, happy and strong. I can't wait to find out. If for no other reason than to provide my baby daydreams with some specifics. And of course, for the shopping.

4 comments:

Mazzy said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better about things and that all is well on the Scrappy front. 15 weeks is a fabulous milestone!

Martin said...

If I were a betting man, girl would get my vote too. No idea why.

RBandRC said...

YAY for 15 weeks! And good for you for trying to calm your anxiety. I know it's hard. Trust me, I've had rough times with it too...feeling movement does help, just don't worry if you feel the baby sometimes and not others. Totally normal--or so I've been told.

HUGS!

AwkwardMoments said...

Congrats to 15 weeks!! I am glad that you are feeling like you are workng through your anxiety