Wednesday, January 23, 2008

First Pre-Natal Doctor's Appointment

The doctor's appointment went great. I was a nervous wreck leading up to it (as usual) but it was all for nothing (as usual).

We went over the normal stuff - history, medications, bloodwork requisitions, instructions, etc. Then Dr. R did a quick heart and blood pressure check - all normal. She gave me some papers to book my 18-20 week ultrasound and some information on the hospital where I will give birth. Then she pulled out the piece de la resistance: The fetal doppler. I was a little scared - okay make that very scared - that she wouldn't find Scrappy's heartbeat because it was too early. And even though I was fully aware that even if she didn't find it, it didn't necessarily mean bad news, I knew I would have freaked right out anyway.

But

She found it. It took a couple of minutes but she was patient and eventually we heard it. A beautiful, perfect heartbeat. It was quiet and sounded distant, but Dr. R said that was only because the baby is small and tucked in my pelvis and that her doppler wasn't great at amplifying the sound. Scrappy's heart rate was a lovely 160 bpm. Dr. R said that it was perfect.

I said, "So. I'm 10 weeks 3 days and we heard a strong heartbeat of 160. Does this mean I don't need to worry today?"

Dr. R replied, "I don't think you don't need to worry at all."

A tall order, but I'm really going to give it a sporting try.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

You listen to that doctor, you silly, adorable little worrywart!!
I am so glad to read this fabulous update!!! CHEERS to SCRAPPY!
*hugs*

Fertilize Me said...

that is an excellent appointment i will also try to not worry with you

christina(apronstrings) said...

that's all such great news. i hope you can worry less, too. though, i know how haaarrrrrrdddd that is.
hey, i have my first appt in a few days too.

christina(apronstrings) said...

i meant to say in a few mins!

sarah23 said...

Awwww! Go Scrappy go! Scrappy is looking pretty cute these days, by the way. I'm sure I will be a pregnant worrier too, but right now, I'm just hoping to see a second line... someday!!

Road Blocks and Roller Coasters said...

YAY! It is so nice to hear your OB say that, isn't it? I'm so glad that things are continuing to go well! :)

Barb said...

Good news! Don't feel badly. I would still worry too. We've had too much of the bad.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,