Monday, January 7, 2008

Doppler Decision, Doctor's Appointment & Honeydew

Well, after much internal debate, I have decided to heed the advice of the majority and NOT get a fetal doppler. As much as I want one, I know I would abuse it. And, I want to have some faith in my little Scrappy. It was a very tough choice, but I think it's the right one. At least for now.

I made my first "real" doctor's appointment today since being "discharged" (actually I think they use the term "graduated") from the fertility clinic. I will be seeing Dr. R on Wednesday, January 23rd at 3:00pm. At that time, I will be 10w3d. I am really excited, but I'm sure you will not be surprised to read that I am also very nervous all over again. I so hope we'll get to see that little Scrappy has grown and is doing just perfectly. I have asked D to go with me - it's really hard for him to get time off work so it was a big request - but he is my good luck charm so his presence is imperative.

I've felt a low, heavy weight in my lower abdomen/uterus all day. It feels like I'm carrying around a honeydew melon in there. I feel very bloated and "on the verge of being crampy", but the cramps never come. I like to think and hope that's my Scrappy setting up shop in there.

Go ahead honey, make yourself right at home.

7 comments:

Fertilize Me said...

i am proud of you for making a decision that quickly and with that much honesty! Go you!!! I am hoping your husband can get off to go with you for that wonderful scan!

Ally said...

I think you made a wise decision. I know it's not what you *wanted* to decide, but it will probably be the best thing in the long run. After all, how would you blog if you became completely obsessed with the doppler? :)

christina(apronstrings) said...

holy moly, you're almost 12 weeks. 12 weeks means that you are almost home free. man, this rocks.
well, i am getting a doppler (pray G-d this doesn't all go to pot). so, you can just come over for a little listen. k?
xoxoxo

Melissa said...

yes, Scrappy, you get quite comfortable in there, you little fighter!
stay strong, hilary, you are doing GREAT. =)

orodemniades said...

The weight thing is weird, isn't it?

Road Blocks and Roller Coasters said...

Good for you. I like to think I would've made the same decision had G been ok with me getting one, but I don't know if I would've been as strong as you.

Congratulations on setting your first appointment. I look forward to all of your updates and hearing about how Scrappy is progressing! :)

HUGS!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,