Yesterday, I said I was too scared to test. Today, it's all I want to do. It's way too early though - at 5dp5dt I still probably have some HCG left in my system from the trigger shot.
So yesterday I made the decision to start testing Saturday. But when I ran this idea past D, he said I should ask my doctor about it first and get her 2 cents. I'm glad I did that because this was her response:
"Hi Hilary - don't test now as it will be positive because you took the hcg injection. The earliest you could test is about 10 days post-transfer but if it's negative at that time it may not be. Make sense?"
What she's basically saying is that I could test at 10dp5dt (Monday) but it may still be too early, even then. So, much to my displeasure, I will stick to my original test date of next Wednesday - a whole week from today. It's going to be a long wait.
I don't feel ANYTHING. All the things I thought I might have felt a few days ago were likely due to the progesterone. I know it's still early but I can't help but feel discouraged. Part of the reason I wanted to test as early as possible is because I thought it would give me the longest amount of time to recover from the disappointment of a negative test before I have to go back to work.
Yesterday I made a pie chart in Excel to remind myself what 64% looks like. How crazy is that? Truthfully though, it did make me feel a bit better to see our chances of success make up the better part of a pie.
I gotta say, I'm no good at this whole "uncertainty" thing. It's a massive mind f*ck. I need a hobby!