I had my ultrasound this morning and it went better than I could have hoped. Words cannot express how thankful and relieved I am about this.
The scan showed several nicely developing follicles on each ovary, a "beautiful" lining and no cysts. Dr. T was pleased with what she saw. She said we'll probably get about 8-10 eggs at retrieval (average for my age is 6-10) so I am quite pleased with this. Plus, I am trying to focus my mental efforts on some of the smaller follicles right now - let's see if I can't squeeze out a few more! All and all, I could not have asked for a better ultrasound this morning.
Now I wait for the nurse to call with instructions on how I should proceed. Dr. T suspects that I'll come in for another ultrasound tomorrow. I can't wait to hear what's next!
Also, I've been tagged by Ally as a very kind gesture to get my mind off of what is happening in my, um, undercarriage. So here goes:
Four jobs I have held in my life -
1. I worked at an animal shelter when I was going through veterinary technician school. This job was the beginning of the end for me in my life as a vet tech - I quickly learned working with animals in this kind of setting was just too sad.
2. I worked as a bartender in a beer bar in Seattle. I loved this job and it's where I met my husband. Unfortunately things got political and soured at the end. It was not an amicable leave.
3. I worked as a receptionist at a software development company for a few years. It was a good, stable job but I got bored. Little did I know then that I'd end up regretting my decision to leave later on.
4. I worked as a sales assistant at an underwear fashion label. They specialized in fun and funky underwear and sales were directed at gay men. This company went through some really hard financial times and lack of paycheques forced me to find a new job.
Four movies I have watched more than once -
1. Dirty Dancing
2. Reality Bites
3. Bedazzled (1960's Peter Cooke and Dudley Moore version)
4. Forty Year Old Virgin - the movie channels just keep on showing it and I just keep on watching it!
Four TV shows I watch faithfully -
1. America's Next Top Model and Canada's Next Top Model
2. Ugly Betty
4. How I Met Your Mother
...I could go on and on about this one - I watch a lot of TV I guess.
Four places I have vacationed -
I have been to England, Ireland, France, Scotland, Switzerland, Japan and Israel. I wouldn't call any of these a vacation, though. I am one of those weird people who don't really like to travel. For me, travel equals stress. I would much prefer to just stay home, unplug my phone, rent a stack of movies and just chill out rather than go anywhere. My ideal vacation is hanging out at home.
Four of my favourite foods -
1. My mom's homemade macaroni and cheese
2. Lemon meringue pie
4. Indian food
Four places I would rather be -
1. At home
2. At home
3. At home
4. At home (see above)
Four hobbies I engage in regularly -
2. Reading other people's blogs
3. Watching movies
4. Cooking and baking
That about sums it up!
Guess what? My 5 year wedding anniversary is tomorrow!