Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Defective Pen (?) Drama - Stim Day 7 (Updated)

Last night I proceeded to give myself my evening Gonal F injection. The Gonal F comes in an injection "pen" that contains all the medication in a cartridge and it distributes a little bit of medication (your prescribed dose) with each use.

I jabbed the needle into my abdomen and gave myself the injection. However, when I removed the needle, I noticed a bit of wetness around the injection site. The Gonal F has a distinctive medicine-y smell that I noticed right away. I wondered, did the medication leak out? I removed the disposable needle from the top of the pen after the injection. I found quite a bit of the liquid medication in the reservoir between the top of the pen and where the needle "plugs in".

So then I got really worried. Did I give myself any of the medication? Did I only give myself a partial dose? Did I give myself too much? Not enough? My head was swimming and I tossed and turned last night with anxiety thinking about it.

I feel like I just can't seem to get this injection thing right! Sheesh.

In other (TMI) news, I noticed quite a copious amount of EWCM when I went to the washroom this morning. What the heck? Does this mean I'm about to ovulate? Given that I've been religious about taking the Synarel, I would think not. But who knows? What would cause this? Notably, I very rarely get CM. But then again, I practically never ovulate on my own. What does it all mean? I emailed Dr. T about it - let's see what she says.

I have my first ultrasound to see what's going on in the ol' ovary department tomorrow morning. I am pretty nervous abut it. Here's hoping tomorrow is a happy, drama-free day!

[Update: Dr. T says that the reason I am seeing EWCM is because my estrogen level is climing so high. Apparently it isn't uncommon to see this a week or so into stimming. Whew! I never thought I'd be so happy about NOT ovulating!]

3 comments:

christina(apronstrings) said...

those things are the worst. the pens are supposed to mkae it easier...um, not so much. i called them 'dial a pain' pens.

i have no idea about EWCM. with all the drugs in your body...it's anybody's guess.

i am sure it's nothing. i hope the good doctor emails you soon.

Ally said...

The dial-a-pens are somewhat reassuring for needlephobes like me. I mean, there's no mixing of medicine or anything, which is nice. But it does make it hard to *see* the stuff going in and make sure you're getting the dose. So I've switched over to the mix-it-yoruself kind, but can do the pen in a pinch if that's all the pharmacy has. I figure it's kind of like my ability to drive both a stick shift and an automatic-I will be fine if I ever find myself being chased by bad guys through Europe. :)

As far as the EWCM is concerned, I call the second half of my cycle a Pantiliner Moment. That stuff shows up way before I even get to trigger and it hangs around for a while afterwards, too. I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless your RE tells you otherwise.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,