Monday, October 1, 2007

Random Ramblings Will Put You To Sleep

My boss went to a lunch event at a local university over the weekend, and because the theme of the luncheon was all about saving the environment, the parting gift for all the attendees was a little Douglas Fir tree sprout, packed in a little bit of soil. My boss made a point of giving the little treeling to me this morning, and told me to plant it somewhere. I was touched by this nice gesture, probably more than the situation merited; my boss most likely just didn't know what else to do with it but hand it off to his assistant. But I'm happy about the gift and I'm going to put it in my flower box as soon as I get home. I can't help but think of it as a symbol of things to come, my little Douglas Fir.

Also, D and I finally, finally agreed on baby names that we both like. This is after quite literally years of disagreement. That's a good thing. Now here's hoping we get to use them!

I confessed to D last night that I really want twins. I used to joke about it all the time but I never told him that in my heart of hearts it would be my dream to have twins. D definitely does not want twins, one baby is more than enough for him. But we'll both be happy with whatever we get. Of course, due to the higher risks that go along with carrying twins, I want a healthy pregnancy above all else.

I also told him that I'm not sure I'm comfortable about asking the fertility clinic about choosing the sex of our baby when we go in for our pre-IUI consultation next week. Truth be told, I don't even know if the clinic we're going to even does genetic selection. D really wants a boy and he wants to ask about it, but I think I'd rather put it in the hands of fate. I go back and forth on the issue. I guess we have at least another week to think about it.

So these are my rambling thoughts for the moment. Nothing too exciting going on in the ol' noggin today. Apologies for the boring post.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I asked my RE's clinic about the gender selection thing, too, and they wouldn't do it. In our case, though, husband's motility is not absolutely optimal, so they don't want to cut any of our chances short. I would imagine that taking any of the sperm out would reduce the effectiveness of the IUI? You may check in to that first. I like the fate thing myself, too. Oh, and I would love to have twins, too!! Two for one!