Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday Morning

I had a beautiful day yesterday. Relaxed in the morning, went to the gym, went for a walk and for lunch with D in the afternoon, came home and had a lovely nap, and then settled in to the evening with a movie and some leftovers. It was absolutely divine. Today, I hope to do more of the same, except I have to add cleaning the house to the mix.

Ah, but Sundays are so bittersweet. I hate the impending knowledge that I have to go to work tomorrow. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that going part-time is the right thing to do. I am looking forward to the new year.

In the interest in becoming totally healthy before the upcoming IUI in a month, I have been trying to focus on all aspects of my body, mind and reproductive system. It suddenly came to my attention that maybe the lining of my uterus isn't as thick as it should be, due to the 3 consecutive rounds of Clomid I just put myself through, plus the miscarriage. I know acupuncture is supposed to help with this, but are there any foods, herbs or medications I can take to improve the quality of my uterine lining? How about egg quality? Does anyone know?

3 comments:

RBandRC said...

Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself and say welcome to the blogosphere! We seem to be
traveling on parallel paths on the IF journey, so I wanted to say hello! As for your question, I've heard that one baby aspirin during your cycle can help strengthen the uterine lining. I'm think you would take it from CD 5 to when you ovulate, but I'm not 100% sure.

Also, I noticed you were using PreSeed. I don't know if you like it or not, but I started using Evening Primrose Oil when I started Clomid and found that is REALLY helped with my cervical mucous. The only thing is you can take it up until you ovulate, but not after as it causes uterine contractions. If you are looking for a natural alternative, it is worth a shot. I love it and it worked for me the cycle I got pregnant (though I m/c a few weeks later).

I wish you lots of luck with this cycle! :)

Barb said...

Wow. That's amazing that you were dx'd with pcos so young. I wish I had known back then. Stupid docs. *grumble* Anyway.. you probably know all this, but with PCOS, my acu told me that it helps for egg quality if you follow a diet for pcos. For example, cut way back on refined grains and sugar, no dairy or wheat, and be sure to eat the right balance of lean protein with your meals.

Your acu could probably tell you more, especially if they deal in herbs too! They'll monitor you before the iui as well for uterine lining and sometimes prescribe things for it.
GL and welcome!

Barb said...

Hmm.. sorry. I should have read your previous post before commenting. Silly me. I think you're doing all you can!! :)