Maybe it's the fact that it's Friday and I have three glorious days off work in front of me. Perhaps it's the one-hour massage I treated myself to on the way home today. Could be the Pad Thai or the glass of red wine I'm sipping as I type this--
Right now, even if for just a moment, I'm going to deliberatly NOT think about all the bad stuff and concentrate ONLY on the positives. What good could possibly come from a miscarriage you ask? Well it's certainly a head-scratcher but I think I can come up with a few pearls here.
The following is my short and imaginative list of positives that I am taking from this situation:
1. As I am not currently pregnant, I can enjoy the glass of red wine I'm drinking right now without the slightest concern!
2. My husband and I have more time to save our money before we start a family.
3. I have connected with quite a few amazing ladies out there who are going through the same thing right now. Somehow that is a blessing in and of itself.
4. Maybe if it has been easy the first time around, I wouldn't appreciate being a mom as much as I know I will when it happens.
5. When I finally do get pregnant, I'll probably be elated to feel morning sickness.
6. Stepped on the scale this morning only to discover that I lost 12 pounds since this whole thing happened. Nothing like depression to help a girl shed those unwanted pounds!
7. As per point #6 above, I found out today that I can squeese into my skinny jeans again. Couldn't do that if I was pregnant.
8. If I can make it through this and come out the other side to tell the tale, I can make it through anything.