Friday, August 22, 2008

40w5d [Updated]

Doctor's appointment this morning didn't give me the "this baby is coming right now" news I had so hoped for. My cervix is still at about 2cm (same as last appointment) but does seem thinner. But I believe my doctor said it was "favourable" or something like that.

I was sobbing from the moment I stepped into the exam room. 6 hours total of sleep in 3 days PLUS raging hormones equals Hilary losing her shit. I am not myself at all.

I asked about the possibility of induction. Dr. R said that it's much better to let the baby come naturally than to induce her, but they won't let me go past Wednesday August 27th either way. However, she did say that I would be sent for fetal monitoring and testing today to assess how baby girl is doing in there and if they note any problems, then induction would of course be sooner than Wednesday. They will be calling me with a time to come in for this testing, so I am just waiting by the phone right now.

My membranes were re-stripped again this morning in an effort to get things going. I am contracting quite a bit from having that done, but I'm not getting my hopes up here because this is exactly what happened last time I had my membranes stripped and eventually the contractions just petered out.

I am nervous for the fetal testing. All testing makes me nervous. I guess in the meantime, I'll try to get a few minutes of sleep while I wait for a call from the hospital.

I must say, this is not at all how I imagined it would be.

[Update:] I just got home from the hospital, where I had an AFI (to check fluid levels) and a fetal NST (non-stress test). Both results were "reassuring". My fluid levels are in the 80th percentile, considered to be "generous" and baby girl kicked and moved enough to please the assessor who therefore made the determination that we are not in need of an immediate induction. Thank G-d for that. Of course I prefer a great test result to an immediate delivery.

However, we are no closer to labour at this point. The contractions that resulted from this morning's second membrane stripping have continued, but they are not very strong nor are they regular. I'm not holding my breath that they mark the beginning of any real labour. As it stands, I am to repeat the AFI and NST at the hospital again on Tuesday and will likely be induced on Wednesday, provided I don't go into labour before then. And I was warned that if they are too booked to fit in my induction on Wednesday then it may be pushed back to Thursday or even possibly Friday. It will be a miracle if I don't give birth to a toddler at this point.

8 comments:

christina(apronstrings) said...

i am so sorry ms. h, my heart hurts for you. because i can't imagine how miserable you must feel...and no, it shouldn't be this way.
xoxox

Jenni said...

Sorry to hear you haven't progressed. I can't imagine how frustrated.

But, on the upside, you'll be holding your daughter in NO LESS than FIVE days! Ahh! So exciting.

Xbox4NappyRash said...

Of course it's frustrating, but you are THERE...
A week from now you'll have been holing her for a few days already.

Just look back at your first few posts here and realise you are enjoying your final hours of a pregnancy you broke your heart to achieve.

So close.

Anonymous said...

hon you need to relax. this is totally normal. some women go up to 14 days past their due date.
take a deep breath. take a warm bath. indulge in your favorite foods.
focus on how lucky you are to be having this child.
she will come when she is ready.
-abigail

Future Mommy said...

I'm starting to see what a non-interventionist your doctor is...around where I live (Texas), not many doctors let women go past 40 weeks at all. In fact, of the many friends and coworkers I know that have given birth in the past few years, not a single one has gone past 40 weeks. I'm in aw of your endurance...I'd be stark raving looney at this point...and my doctor's goal is only to get me to 38 weeks so we don't end up screwing with my thyroid or BP.

I'm glad that your scans went well and have my fingers crossed that Maya decides to come on her own this weekend so you don't have to get through all of next week before an induction! Maya, won't you please come out to play??? Your mama so wants to meet you!

Anonymous said...

I think Monday will be the`day....

Hilary said...

So, Hilary did you give your EVICTION notice to Maya yet..faithly checking in to see the progress. hey at least you have a time line now..have a great weekend :)

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,