Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mama Bird

Yup, the nesting has begun...with a vengeance.

I awoke this morning at 4am because I was so excited to clean. I have never loved cleaning so much! This is too weird.

The nursery is basically done now, save for some paint touch ups and of course we still need to buy furniture. But it's clean and sparking and all ready to go.

First day of maternity leave. It's a gorgeous sunny day and I have no obligations. Yup, this is living.

I went and saw the premier of Sex and The City last night with a girlfriend. Loved. It. It was such good stuff. I don't know if it's because I'm hormonal or what, but I pretty much sobbed through the entire movie. I can't wait to buy it when it comes out on DVD.

I'm afraid this has been a bit of a random post. This may be my new trend in posting as my thoughts are scattered all over the place lately. I'm brimming with excitement, anticipation, gratitude and I'm so very happy (despite the [usually] minor bouts of anxiety that creep in a few times a day). It's amazing how being suddenly free from work really helps alleviate the lion's share of life's stressors while magnifying the enjoyment. I've only been on maternity leave for oh, something like 15 hours now, but I can already tell I'm going to absolutely love it.

I am so excited for my Real Job to begin!

4 comments:

Martin said...

Nesting & Sex and the city, I'm strugging to be able to comment.

;0)

Martin said...

and spell, obviously...

**struggling**

AwkwardMoments said...

I think the random all over the place jumbled thoughts are related to 3rd trimester. That is how my brain has functioned lately

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. I feel, and understand, your growing excitement. Hope I'll be there soon ...