Friday, April 4, 2008

Tap Tap Sleep

This is the first week where I’ve felt baby girl move at least once every day. I’m still not feeling kicks (at least I don’t think I am); what I’m feeling is more akin to 'taps'. Tap tap tap. It feels like someone lightly flicking the underside of a water balloon. To date, I’ve felt her three times from the outside. I have to be quick though – she is a crafty little thing and prefers to remain unpredictable – I think she likes to keep ‘em guessing. That’s my girl.

I have been trying to figure out her activity schedule pattern – or at least some rough semblance of one. It’s still early, but what I have been able to figure out is that generally speaking (and I do mean generally), she tends to be most active between dinner and bedtime. This seems to baby girl’s party time. If I’m lucky, I’ll also feel her a handful of times throughout the rest of the day, although her movements are sporadic and random to say the least. I still haven’t felt her move while I’ve been asleep.

Over the last two days, she has been quieter than she was earlier in the week. I have felt her tiny taps here and there, but as mentioned above, she refuses to be predictable. I think she sensed that her mummy was starting to figure her out, and changed things up accordingly, to keep the mystery alive.

I am really looking forward to some nice, hard, full-blown kicks and punches.

6 comments:

RBandRC said...

I'm beginning to think there is no rhyme or reason to movement. Lemy sticks to one schedule for a few days and then does something completely different a few days later. It's frustrating and exciting at the same time. :)

The hard kicks are fun! I especially love when she elbows me. In the middle of the night. While I'm sleeping. Peacefully. She is SO my little girl.

AwkwardMoments said...

YAH for feeling that! My OB and MFM said that you may notice movements a few hours after eatting. That is true for me now. I am so glad you are feeling stuff

Mazzy said...

"Baby girl"
I just love the sound of that.
Your Maya. ;)
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

When you sleep, don't be surprised if your husband feels the movement of baby girl for you. :) That was my husbands favorite pasttime.
Enjoy those feelings...they are special memories.

christina(apronstrings) said...

i can't wait to hear you complain about 'baby girl' punching your bladder.
*sigh*

Martin said...

So cool!

"I am really looking forward to some nice, hard, full-blown kicks and punches." - You should have gone to my school