Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Quiet Again...And Then...

Baby girl has gone quiet again over the last two days. I swear these quiet days are absolute agony for me. I even had to bust out the ol’ Doppler this morning just to put my mind at ease (and thank goodness, everything is fine).

I just don’t get it. It seems like she was more active over the last two weeks than she has been this week. Am I being crazy? Is 23 weeks too early to expect frequent movement?

Thankfully, I have felt her at least once every day, even on her quiet days. But her movements have indeed been softer and less “kicky”. What could she be up to in there?

I am so curious about other people’s experiences, I am posting a poll. Please see the top right corner of this blog.

---

In other news, over the last two days, I have really “blossomed”. Hehe this is a nice way of saying my belly has gotten HUGE. I don’t know when exactly it happened, but I woke up yesterday feeling big and after I got dressed and checked myself out, I discovered the mirror was definitely agreeing with this sentiment. All of the sudden, I am shaped like a big ol’ pregnant pear. A big pear with big boobs. And a fat ass. OK, maybe I’m shaped more like a “B”. Yeah, that’s more accurate.

Oops! Maya just kicked me. Hooray! It’s almost like she can sense that I’m writing this post and had to let me know she is just fine in there. Another kick! There she goes again!

I think I’m really starting to get a feel for baby girl’s personality now... She really likes to keep ‘em guessing. That’s my girl.

5 comments:

Jill Tice said...

Kung Fu Master, HA!

I felt random kicks at 23 weeks but now that I am at 26 it is all the time! Everyone is different and so is every body. Even though I lost 115 pounds, my child still has flab to kick through. :o)

Martin said...

'bust out the old doppler'

I can just see you in your 80's busting out the ol' doppler to show the grandkids...

AwkwardMoments said...

23 is still a wee bit early for consistant movements ..wait for a few more weeks - she will be kicking and kickimng - it only gets better and better

sarah23 said...

I'm so glad that she gave you a nice reassuring kick right as you were posting! Keep it up, Maya! ??future soccer player??

Nurse Lochia said...

I wouldn't worry about feeling regular movement just yet. Don't take my word for it, but until you're 28 weeks, it's pretty sporadic. Of course, ask your doc about it next appointment, but at 28 weks that's when they start doing fetal kick counts. It's so hard not to worry (I did) but usually everything is fine.