Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Hilary Homemaker"

So last night, D and I were hanging out on the couch watching TV. Maya was kicking up a storm (or maybe she was punching? I can’t really tell yet…). At one point I lifted up my shirt and pointed out an area on my belly and said, “Honey – watch this spot right here”. D and I both stared at the spot intently. After about 10 seconds passed, we were starting to give up when all of the sudden – POP! – my belly jumped! D got this huge grin on his face and said, “I saw that!!” He was so excited. I’ve been watching my belly twitch and jump for a couple of weeks now, but this was the first time that D was able to see it. To see D so excited and happy made my day, week, month…

Baby girl had a couple of quiet days earlier in the week (which were total agony for me), but thank goodness she has been active again lately, which I just love. Keep it up, Maya!!

I am in total countdown mode to maternity leave. I have 4 weeks to go (after this week) but next week is my last “full” week. I am using some banked vacation time to take a couple of days off during each of the remaining 3 weeks. Maternity leave in Canada is a full year, and I feel so lucky to live here. But I feel even luckier to be having this baby girl - seriously, somebody pinch me!

I plan to be Little Miss Happy Homemaker once I'm on maternity leave. My job will be to take care of the house, the cooking, the cleaning and of course – the baby.

I think it’s time to buy an apron.

10 comments:

Fertilized said...

grats to you!

christina(apronstrings) said...

that's so exciting.

gracechild said...

I love that! You'll be living my dream girl. I think after trying and waiting so long for a child I would love to pause the mundane things of life and just soak up every minute of watching my child grow. You're on the fun path.

Anonymous said...

A year?! Is it paid? That's incredible!

Anonymous said...

Is that PAID maternity leave for 12 months? Wow! In Australia most employees receive 12 months mat leave (8-10 weeks of this is usually paid).

Hilary (The Trying Game) said...

Yes, it's paid. But I think you only get something like 65% of your salary for the year you are off.

Barb said...

Cute. :)

Barb said...

P.S. DH keeps saying we need to move back to Canada for that very reason. ;-)

Anonymous said...

In the States, the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) mandates that you get up to 12 weeks of UNPAID leave if you work for a company with more than 50 employees. Some companies offer paid leave, but it's usually for 4 or 8 weeks, and those companies are very rare.

Does the company pay your salary during leave in Canada, or is it the government?

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,