Thursday, December 13, 2007

Can't Sleep

It's 4:15am as I type this.  I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep because I was too hungry. I'm sitting here at my computer as three confused cats wondering about their breakfast circle my desk.

This sleep weirdness has plagued me for the last few nights. I am so tired by 8:00pm, I can barely keep my eyes open. And then at around 2 or 3 in the morning - ding! - my eyes pop open and I feel hungry and restless and excited to be pregnant.

My breasts are huge by the way. I know I've mentioned this before but I don't think I've made it clear just how enormous they've become in only a few days. I must have gone up a full cup size already. And they're veiny. And quite sensitive too. But that sensation seems to go in and out; sometimes I wince in pain when they brush against something, and other times I'm just merely aware of them. How can I not be aware of them? They're massive, honestly. Part of me wants to post a photo, but of course, this is not that kind of website!

Sometimes I get so excited thinking about my baby that my heart starts palpitating.

I am loving every second of being pregnant. I feel so lucky.
So. Incredibly. Lucky.

8 comments:

christina(apronstrings) said...

i am still so freakin happy for you. YES!!

AwkwardMoments said...

Woo hooo .. waking up at 3 am is weird wanting to pee and eat isn't it. SO happy for you - and those boobs - yah, Mine were quite generous in size beforehand but now .. OMG

sarah23 said...

Yay!! It must be really exciting to be seeing and feeling your body change like that.

Mel said...

I am so unbelievably glad to read today how things are going for you-you have been in my prayers!! :)
Keep the good news coming, sister!
*hugs*

Martin said...

Ya lucky devil!

just enjoy from here on in I guess.

Anonymous said...

Oh Hilary
My poor, sex depribed, DH thinks you should post a photo of your boobs. Men!
Neen

Hilary (Maya Papaya) said...

My husband is probably hoping for the same thing! (He is also quite sex deprived) ha ha

I_Sell_Books said...

Heh heh, ah, the peeing...it's only going to get worse. Hopefully the boob pain will die down a bit in a few weeks, but good luck on the nipple pain - that's what I find the worst.

So excited for you, though. :)